Sunday 3 July 2011

Puttin' on the Ritz, Vintage Reproduction clothing

I have been eyeing the clothes from Puttin’ on the Ritz for a while. I think they look lovely and the little I have found about their clothes has been positive. As I understand it they are quite new. They have a selection of women’s clothes from the 30’s and 40’s and a small selection for men as well. You don’t order clothes in size but provide your measurements instead. I really like that as I always have problems with fit in the upper area of my body- if it fits over my chest; it sags over my narrow back. So I’m very tempted to order the Waiting at the Station Coat.




I have been looking for brown and grey tweed for my autumn coat but haven’t found any fabric I like. This coat isn’t in tweed, but there are two grey fabric options and a coat that is just grey would suit the overall colour scheme too so I think I’m going to buy this coat instead of making one. The price is £275, which is within my budget for a coat. It may not be as warm as a Swedish winter calls for, but I need a coat for “middle”

I’m also contemplating the Spying for the Allies skirt- it has such a neat back!



I really like their trousers too, but I don’t dare to buy those. I’m currently working on a toile for trousers and I need to adjust the fit so much, even if the patterns in my size that I realized that even if I can send some measurements to Puttin’ on the Ritz, they are not enough to ensure that the trousers would fit. But I may order a blouse…

(All photos are borrowed from the Puttin’ on the Ritz website)

4 comments:

Lina Sofia said...

I love their clothes too, they look really well made and authentic. I think I'm going to save up for the Spying of the Allies suit, when I get my first research job! :)

Isis said...

I'm sure it would look great on you!

Katie said...

Hi Isis! I just wanted to let you know that yes the flower did arrive and it's so lovely, thank you so much :) I meant to write to you sooner but I've been so busy it slipped my mind. No excuse, I'm very naughty! Thank you for making something so sweet just for me :) x

Isis said...

Miss Katie: I'm so glad it arrived and that you like it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...